I am anxious.. I can hardly wait to wear spring dresses, wear strappy shoes and spring makeup. My legs (which currently match my socks) will start to get a little tint and I will color my hair a lighter shade. I LOVE the spring. I enjoy the winter, but I have learned that when you live in the northern US the winter lasts longer then when you live in the southern. Hubby has informed me that he wants to retire in the southern.. this is after years of telling me that he wants to retire in the northern US. I will go with him where ever no matter what. I must admit that living closer to family will be a bonus. I just know that the kids will have a blast with their cousins.
Thinking about the kids.. Goosie is getting so big! There are things that she does and I am still just in awe more because I want her to be my little Goosie and she is becoming my big Goosie more then anything. Miniman is still sick. Hubby and I give him Tylenol and Motrin to keep the fever down. He is very clingy right now and my house work is suffering. I was talking to my friend H and she told me about a poem it goes something like this:
Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullaby, rockabye, lullaby loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullaby, rockaby lullaby loo.
The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
- Ruth Hulbert Hamilton
I know that H didn't mean to make me cry and I am almost certain she didn't know that I was. She told me the last part of the poem and silent tears were rolling down my face. It had been a rough day. H reminded me that I put too much pressure on myself to get everything done and that I don't give myself near enough credit for all the things I do accomplish. I know that my house will never be perfect, but I do like it to be clean and with Miniman sick the cleaning is some what waiting. I think I am going to print that out, frame it and put it in my living room. Just to remind myself that at the end of their childhood I want my kids to look back and say that I gave them more then a clean house and good food. I want them to say that I spent time with them and that even if the house was a mess, they were happy. Isn't that my job anyway? Bubbles is growing up fast too. As I was leaving last night she waved at me. I tried not to cry but I did tear up. Bubbles is also trying to walk. She has a little walker that helps her get around and gets cranky if it gets stuck. I know that it wont be long and she will be running behind the other two telling them to slow down so she can catch up.
Babyhood is officially over in our house until we have grandchildren. Bubbles is our last. I morned this thought and the passing of time that marked the end of babyhood and I am sure I will morn again at the passing of my children's childhood. When my youngest becomes a teenager I will be in my early 40's ( I just did the math) and Hubby will be in his mid 40's, Goosie will be in her last year of high school and Miniman will most likely be a sophomore.Oh the wonderment of growing up. Why does it happen so very fast? I know that Humans grow slower then other mammals, all the same it isn't easy. I still can't help but feel so entirely blessed to have three such special individuals as my children.
I think that is all for now. I have to start getting ready for the day. Goosie has preschool, and I want to rock Miniman to sleep for his nap. Until next entry I pray Blessings on each of your lives my readers.
I think that is all for now. I have to start getting ready for the day. Goosie has preschool, and I want to rock Miniman to sleep for his nap. Until next entry I pray Blessings on each of your lives my readers.
1 comment:
I love that poem and have seen it several times since I have been pregnant. Babies don't keep....I remind myself of that everyday as I embark on my new adventure as a Mama. You are doing an awesome job Doris! Sorry to hear that Mini Man is still not feeling well.
Post a Comment