Monday, March 9, 2009

My Collection..

There are very few things I collect. I started collecting Willow tree figurines a few years ago when I became pregnant with my daughter Goosie. My sister N sent me "Cherish" she is in the middle of this picture. It started the entire collection. Hubby has been so sweet and added to my collection over the years and there are a few of them that are his. So it is really "OUR" collection, but I claim it. Just recently Hubby gave me " Happiness" she is the one to the left with the birds on her arms. Hubby told me that the bird's symbolize our children. The couple to the right is "Together" I can't remember if I got it for Hubby or if he got it for me.

These are just below the ones above in our house. I will start on the left. The rear left is "Angel of the heart" she was given to me for Christmas 08 from Hubby. The center piece is "" A Life time of Love" it represents our family, again I can't remember if this was to me from Hubby or vice versa. The rear right is "Child of my heart" my Father in Law presented her to me the last time we were in NY. On the bottom left is " Father and Son" I gave this one to Jon for Father's Day 06. The Bottom right is "New Dad" I presented this one also to Jon on his first Fathers Day 04.

Starting again on the left is "Promise" there is a funny story about this one and "Together" you will find it below. In the center is "Tenderness" Hubby gave this one to me after the birth of Miniman. And lastly on this display is "Heart of Gold" it is how I told Hubby that we were having a son.

On the left is "Love" I gave her to Hubby for Valentines day this year. On the right is "Angel of Mine" Hubby gave this one to me after the birth of our Goosie. The bottom left is "Father and Daughter" I gave this one to Hubby for Goosie's first Christmas. And the bottom right is "New Life" this one represented the birth of Bubbles.
These figurines have come to mean a lot to me. You can find out more about them here http://www.willowtree.info/ , I know that you will find at least one that you can connect to. Oh and the story I mentioned earlier, here it is..
It was our third wedding anniversary and we had just moved from Hoquiam Washington to Spokane Washington. There was so much going on that we didn't have time to get each other a gift. So we went to the mall and said that we would meet back at the food court in an hour. I immediately went to Hallmark and found "Together" I bought it for him right away and then went to look somewhere else for a little something extra. I didn't know but Hubby was in Hallmark the same time I was and he had picked out the same figurine. He did ask the lady at the counter if it was the same figurine I had just purchased and she told him "no" so he also bought me "Together". When we got home we opened each others gifts and laughed when we saw what had happened. We then went back to the mall and exchanged one of the "Together"s for "Promise". To this day I can't remember if we exchanged the one I bought him or the one he bought me. In any case it is a good story.
I think to every collection there needs to be a story per piece and the willow tree figurines lend themselves to your story's. So if you are one of my wonderful sisters or friends that are reading this blog and you want to get me something but are stumped.. here you go..!


No comments: