Friday, March 27, 2009

My Miniman

Last night was a long night. Miniman was once again running a fever it was 103.8 (so really 104), I took him to emergency. He wanted to take his Tony Stewart hat and his new favorite quilt. So in his Speed Racer pj's and the other stuff in tow, we headed to emergency. I was panicked. I just wanted my Miniman to feel better. Now it is Tylenol every 4 hours and Motrin every 6. I already gave him Tylenol today and the Motrin will be administered if his fever spikes again.
Having a sick Miniman really got me thinking about how much time I really spend with him. Miniman has always been a bit of a loner. He is content to play by himself, has an active imagination and really is a good little guy. He uses his manners and is very thoughtful. I am blessed to have him as my son. He looks like Hubby on top of it all. Maybe this happens to everyone or it may just be me. Every time I look at Miniman there are things that he does that not only remind me of Hubby but cause me to fall more in love with him. It is almost as if I get a small glimpse of Hubby when he was younger.
I am going to make it a point to spend more time with him. My sister N is going to have a son next month. They aren't telling anyone his name (I like that) and I was talking to her the other day. I told her that the relationship a boy has with his Momma is one in a million. She will never feel for anyone else the way she feels for her son (There is a special bond between Mother and Daughter too). I want to cultivate my relationship more with my Miniman, I want him to know that I love him and that I would do anything for him.
Last night seeing him so miserable made my heart hurt. I want so badly for him not to feel pain or anything adverse. I just want him to stay happy, exuberant and all boy. He is my Miniman and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: