Thursday, March 26, 2009

Get well soon Miniman

Miniman asked to take a nap yesterday. I knew he wasn't feeling well. When he woke up he was burning hot to the touch. His little head steamed against my shoulder. "Mommy I sleepy" he curls up again on my lap. We are potty training so with a forlorn face he looks at me and says " I go poopo and peepee in da potty mommy". We get up from the couch and I walk him to the bathroom. There he sits. We read stories, I sing him songs and rub his back. He is still so hot. Then the whining starts. His tummy is upset and he wants to keep sitting on the potty. I think "what devotion", I didn't realize he was about to throw up. Coughing commences and once again I hear his tiny voice "Mommy I sick" so I ask "Do you think your going to throw up?" yes. He is still sitting on the pot, so I grab the trash can. My poor little guy. I call the nurse hot line. Push fluids, watch is fever and if he throws up 4 time in 8 hours then we need to see him immediately. I am thinking: what, that is it are you crazy! My little guy doesn't feel good and you don't sound too convincing.
Goosie and Bubbles are in the background of the phone call , one is whining and the other is singing at the top of her lungs. Miniman is still upset and I once again feel helpless. Hubby is on his way home. He keeps calling to ask what I want to do, nurse Bubbles and take Miniman to emergency myself, take Bubbles and Miniman with me or just let him take Miniman. When he gets home things have calmed down. Miniman, Bubbles and I are on the couch, Goosie is sitting in Hubby's chair and things are almost serene.
We get them all to sleep for the night. Miniman has claimed a quilt I started making but haven't finished as his. I let him because I like the quilt too. Goosie is asleep in Hubby's arms. I want to be there, it has been a long day. I am able to move, Miniman and Bubbles up to bed. Hubby will bring up Goosie when he comes to bed. I go up to bed. I am tired.. it is barely 10:30p.
We wake up sometime in the night Miniman gets sick again. More Tylenol for his fever.. we lay a towel down on the bed to help soak up sweat. Take his temperature, it is high again.. rest little one, rest...
We wake up this morning bright and early. I haven't woken up this early since I had a day job.Fever is high again. I get Miniman a glass of water and his skin is so hot the warmth of it lingers on the cup after I have taken it from him. The logical side of me sees the nurses side.. the mommy side of me wonders why he has to suffer so, and why I can't take it upon myself, instead of him feeling so woeful. My sweet boy... get better soon. Mommy's heat hurts when you aren't well.

No comments: