I think I have the most critical eye when I look at myself. Lets be honest, we are all more critical of ourselves then we will ever be of other people. I was playing with Hubby's Ipod today and saw some pictures of me that I don't think are very flattering. I even asked him why he carried pictures like that around and what he found so good about them. Like I said I am very critical of myself. Hubby answered very sweetly that he likes it because it is a picture of me.
Please understand this off the bat. There are many pictures taken of me and very few I would like others to see. I find more faults in my physical appearance then anything else.
Yes, I even have issues with parts of my body. I know that my chest is by far the largest part. I have nursed two babies for a year and have almost completed a year with the third. My chest has served my family well. My babies are healthy and strong. But aside from all of the good things my chest has done, I continue to see the other stuff. How they enter the room before my toes and compete with my elbow to see who can be parallel with my belly button first. I am looking forward to the reduction I am hoping to get by my 30th birthday. For now it seems to me that nothing fits quite right because my chest is so disproportionate to the rest of me.
I also know that my right eye is larger then my left. At least I think it is my right eye. I know that my eyes are lopsided and that my ears jut out of the sides of my head (one come to a point and has been called elvish). I think that my fingers look stubby and childlike when my nails are cut too short and now that I have birthed three babies, I can honestly say that I have a "mommas butt".
When I was younger I wanted a woman's body. I thought I gained one when I hit puberty and got curves. I understand now what a woman's body really is. When Hubby met me I had a girls body that had the potential to be a woman's. But at that time I was not a woman. I feel more strongly then ever that I have a woman's body. I have carried and breastfed three babies. I have gained more weight then I could lift in high school and have lost almost all of it. I have stretch marks, scars, calluses and other grown up things. I have tattoos and piercings but most of all
I have lived. Life is short, but so very wide.
All in all I see my faults and short comings (I am 2 inches taller then your tallest little person) and I wonder how Hubby can still see me as the most beautiful woman ever. Sure I will never reach 5 ft, but I am also told I have a commanding presence when I want to . That other people feel good when they are around me. I have much to offer others and am a sweet person. I enjoy the home arts almost to a fault and feel the most joyful when I have made someone else's day, week, month, year or whatever just a little easier. I love to help people and honestly the only thing I want in return is a thanks. I enjoy hosting parties so much so I have offered my house and hosting abilities to those of my friends who don't like to as much.
Yes, there are many things that have made me who I am today. There are many times I say too much when I should have held my tongue, there were other times I didn't speak up when I should have. I try to learn from each experience my life's journey and decisions bring me. I am not all that graceful and wonderful, but I do care with all of my heart and try with every effort to express that in all that I do.
Some who have met me for the first time would say that I am a trophy wife. I would disagree. I am a wife and if Hubby is gracious enough to say that I am a good wife, it is more then enough for me. I am no trophy to be won, I am a woman to be loved and cherished. Hubby does that and so much more. Because of the way I see myself in his eyes, I know he can never see a bad picture of me,now if I could see it myself..
No comments:
Post a Comment