Today is a total pre-period day. I am sitting down to a snack of graham crackers topped with vanilla frosting and a glass of milk. Just a thought but when I give in to my pre-period cravings I am not as cranky as I am when I don't. Bubbles is sitting beside me in her highchair and upon seeing the crackers her little eyes swelled to the size of golf balls! It was so cute, but now she is looking at my frosting...
On a different note I was talking to my friend H this morning (it is almost part of the routine) and she got me thinking about vices. We all have them and for many of us they change over time and circumstance. I was never a heavy drinker (there are stories but I will save them for another time) nor had I gotten into drug use (OK I admit I smoked pot twice, but wasn't all that into it). I do have a few tattoos (8) but over all I would say that food is a vice of mine. I am sure there are some of you who look at my pictures and think otherwise. But it is true. When I am stressed or unhappy I don't eat. When I am happy.. I eat. When Hubby met me you could almost see my backbone underneath my belly button. I was too thin. Up until 4 months after our wedding I could still fit into my wedding dress. I can't anymore... I am happy. I have other vice's..but I will tell of them another time.
H told me that her vice is her children (she has 5). They are her reason to get up every morning at the butt-crack of dawn, to start another day with the ones she loves the most. Now I think many would say that children aren't a vice so much as they make you aware of the fact that you need one.. but H is right. Children are a vice, yes they are a weakness, especially to those who love them. Take for example the movie Nanny McFee. The Father figure admits that there was no way to care for all of the children alone, that they had to turn to his wife's aunt for help, but that they had fallen in love with all of their children so much that they didn't want to stop having them. His children were his vice.
What is your vice dear reader? Is there something in your life that is admittedly your weakness? If you can't think of anything let me challenge you to dig deeper. We all have a vice, it is the one thing our foes look for to tear us down (any good comic book can tell you that).
I know that this is my second entry to the day, what can I say. There are times when I can type better then others..until next time readers, thanks for getting this far!
No comments:
Post a Comment