Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happenings and Happenstance

There are many milestones my big little family has crossed and many more that will be crossed in the lifetimes we share. There are things I don't want to remember and there are things I will always remember. Holding my babies in my arms for the first time, letting them go as they take their first steps. Crying when they hurt and laughing with the melody of their laughs. Hubby has been able to go through these mile stones with me, and has enjoyed them as much as I have. I never really understood why mothers would say that no matter how old their children got, their children would still be their babies. I know now.
Goosie is getting so big and I think she wants to wear my clothes! She thinks it is the greatest thing when I give her my sweater to wrap up in instead of her own. Goosie also goes through my jewelry box and tries to put things on. There are a few things my mom held on to from my childhood that Goosie is entranced with. She also thinks it is pretty great when Bubbles is wearing clothes she grew out of. What can I say my girls love each other. Miniman is quite the little love machine. He snuggles up to me faster then a jack rabbit skitters down a hole. He is a sweetheart to boot. After getting Bubbles to sleep at night he tells me that he wants her to go away so he can have me all to himself. Hubby thinks it is sweet and warns me that if he is a work for too long Miniman might think he is the man of the house. Of course if I went away for too long Goosie would think she is the Mommy ( yes, she already has that complex). Bubbles is exuberant. She still is my little toothless wonder, but that doesn't slow her down one bit. I have never seen a kid eat a cookie so fast! She is truly a delight! Her birthday is a month away, it is actually the day before Easter and I am wanting to throw her a party. There will be the Easter perks of course, I am worried that no one will show up because of the date.. I may just wait to throw her a big party when she turns two. I will have to discuss it more with Hubby.
Speaking of Hubby, he and I watched FIREPROOF a few weeks ago and found the LOVE DARE book at wally world pretty cheap. So we started the dare. So far I am on day 18, I have completed every days dare but I must admit that some were not challenging in the least and others just didn't apply to our relationship. That being said I have noticed a change in us. He is less one sided when it comes to what we enjoy together and he has even picked out movies to watch that I would usually pick out. This is new. He also has come up with new nicknames for me. I am not opposed to this either. I have come to the conclusion that no matter what your relationship is like you will benefit from the LOVE DARE if you take it seriously.
I think I may have typed for too long tonight as the buzzer for the dryer has gone off, the kids have devoured dinner and the daylight is waning from the windows enough that I think it is time to turn on the lights. So I will sign off for now. Blessings to each of you my wonderful readers..

No comments: