Wow!! Almost a month has past since my last entry. My sister S called to see if I was still alive. I must admit that I have been terribly busy as of late and the next three weeks aren't going to afford me a break either.
This past week was a whirlwind of rehearsals and then four productions of I must say the best passion play I have been involved in, in years. It is both refreshing and exhausting to use ones talent for the glory of the Lord in hopes to lead others to a closer relationship with him. "The Contract" is a must see for next year if you live in the area!!
Before that I was gearing up and down for the MOPS meetings I was in charge of for the month of March. How scary is that they actually asked me to run two of the meetings and then take care of the preparations for the Spring Banquet later this year (not too far away). The last meeting was on relaxing and I wanted to share with you my readers the devotional I pieced together for the mom's in my group as I think it is one many can benefit from, so here it is ( it is a little long to type so hang in there):
When I volunteered to do this meeting , I admit I had many ideas. I was very excited and wanted everyone to really enjoy themselves. Then some sense got a hold of me and I realized that there are so many things we as mom's already do. If we happen to have a job outside of the home we do a lot of work there only to come home and do more work at home. Many day's fun and relaxing are put on the far back burner. But there is another kind of relaxing we can take advantage of, it is in the everlasting arms of our heavenly Father. In " God's Little Devotional Book For Women " an excerpt reads like this During the terrible days of the Blitz in World War II, a father holding his young daughter by the hand ran from a building that had been struck by a bomb. In the front yard there was a large hole left by a shell explosion several days before. Seeking shelter as quickly as possible, the father jumped into the hole and then held up his arms for his young daughter to follow. Terrified at the explosions around her, yet unable to see her father in the darkness of the hole, she cried " I can't see you Papa!" The father looked up against the sky, lit with white tracer lights and tinted red by burning buildings and called to his daughter, silhouetted at the hole's edge, "But I can see you my darling. Jump!" The little girl jumped not because she could see her father but because she trusted him to tell her to truth and to do what was best for her. We may not be able to discern clearly where out heavenly Father is leading us, but we can trust it is a good place. We may not know what God has "up his sleeve", but we can trust His arms to be everlasting. As mom's at times our lives can seem chaotic and we may have no sense of direction, but our Father in heaven knows us. It may seem that what we do and who we are goes unnoticed:*Rev. 4: 11 You are worthy O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things and by your will they exist. Never forget Mother that God knows you, loves you and recognizes you even without a name tag. Troubles and trials can seem overwhelming: * John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Don't Forget Mother- Worry shatters the peace of life. Faith puts things back together*. At times questions can seem to out weigh the answers: * Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint. God's answer is in your every question. Through His power and might he fulfills all your needs*. Events around you can seem world ending and life changing: *Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of good courage, so not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God , He is the One who goes with you. He will never leave nor forsake you. The sky never falls no matter how hard it rains. God's love for you , Mother , never fails, regardless of your pain*. And in these uncertain financial times when the money can so easily run out before the month:* Philippians 4:19 And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Good news Mom! With God, your line of credit has no limit*. So relax a little tonight, play a board game with some friends or just sit and talk for a bit, and find rest in the comfort of friends. If you don't have a relationship with God, and would like to have one or just have some questions, please ask. Relaxing is not always about sleep, it is also about renewal, and finding the you that was there before the wife and mom... Please remember that God is ever mindful of you and your situations even when it seems he isn't. ( the ** are excerpts from God's Tender Promises for Mothers)
Well dear readers, I hope you have found some refreshment, renewal or maybe even a little of both. I for one am a little tired. So I am closing this entry and hoping that you each walk away with a little extra umph that you may not have thought you needed. Be blessed!
1 comment:
Thanks Sis! I enjoyed it! Love Ya!!
Post a Comment