I can't help but hear that old jazz song summertime..
It takes me back to learning it in High School choir. Oh man that was years ago. This summer is most likely going to be anything but easy.
We still don't have a solid date for the move, so everything is tentative. The kids are all out of school officially as of today. And there is much to do around the house before our middle and end of the month guests. One of which is making the kids have quiet time. Everyday for at least two hours. This all day every day with no break is gonna get old quick. Don't misread me. I am not one of those who is happy to see her little ones go off to school. But with the summer comes a whole set of things that wear me out. I am working again at the Drive-In theater. My last day there will be around the 20th of July. Until then, I have pretty much been promised that I will be worked as much as possible. I am not complaining. I am just saying, I will enjoy a nap in the middle of the day. If I can get the kids to take one also so I don't have to worry about the house being trashed when I get up, even better.
I don't know yet what is going to happen with the move. They are telling us anytime between September and November now. So I will stick to my plan on cleaning and purging until we get solid orders. Then it is schedule the movers and go from there. Make the best of it while we can, that is what we do best.
As many of my regular readers know I have been trying to potty- train Bubbles. Well, she has been clean all day today. It is the marshmallows again. If she goes in the potty.. a marshmallow. If not, well no marshmallow. It worked with Miniman and so far it is working with Bubbles. Hopefully I can phase out the marshmallows the same way. Two weeks of marshmallow rewards should solidify the training.
Earlier this month around Mother's Day I entered a raffle and won a few gift certificates. One of which was to a Solon. I went today and with kids in tow, received a new cut and am going to make an appointment to go back for a color. The kids behaved well while we were there, and I was reminded to let your yes be yes and no be no. I admit I started bribing the kids to get them to do what I wanted ( I know marshmallows). Well, I really want that to stop. How to do it.. is the question as it is more of a habit for me then it is for the kids. Maybe I will try to stop the bribery and be done with it as of today and be more aware of how I get the kids to do things for the next two weeks. After all it takes about two weeks to make or brake most bad habits.. I can think of a few more to add to my list, but I will let you just wonder about those!
My eyes are droopy and admittedly I am sleepy. I work tonight for about 4 hours.. before that I would like to have the house picked up and dinner ready when Hubby gets home. So until next time dear readers.. Be Blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment