This morning I must admit I was taken by surprise. Hubby hasn't felt up to attending church with me in sometime, I had asked him last night if he would try to attend with me this morning. He came, bearing a birthday cake.. complete with the correct number of candles. Our Sunday school class sang Happy Birthday to me, then the lesson commenced. When it came time for announcements, Hubby surprised me again. He got up and asked me to follow. He then told the group about his detox and how hard things have been for him, then bending down on one knee and taking my hand said " in a month I will be a different man, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me?". I could only nod my head yes, I am overwhelmed. Hubby is so wonderful and I know that what he is going through right now is not just for him, but for myself and the kids as well. Hubby of course said " I am just glad she said yes"... leave it to him to be sarcastic..oh how I love that man of mine.
Hubby and I have talked for sometime about renewing our vows, I up until this morning thought we were going to head off to Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator! You see we did not get married in a church, our first wedding was in my parent's sun room in the house I grew up in, by a Notary. I remember writing out the entire ceremony.. and yes we wrote our own vows. I have thought since then that I would really like to get married in a church, with both my parents and his dad there. I didn't think it was going to be possible. But now it looks like it will!
The day is not exact, I still have to call the church, but hopefully it will be over the Fourth of July weekend. I am not sure how all of this works and will of course be doing research, you know me! But tomorrow I will get the ball rolling.
This is meaningful to me on so many levels, but all the more because of what he is going through and how he has been feeling. There have been many times he has admitted that he just wants to give up and give in to the cravings. I believe in him, I know the depth of his heart (at least the part he has shown me) and can honestly say I love him now more then ever. I am glad I can fit into my wedding dress!!
1 comment:
Beautiful...simply beautiful!
Post a Comment